<$BlogRSDUrl$>

random thoughts from a member of the yuppie technocrati

Friday, May 13, 2005

Coachella 2005 - Day 2 

Lets finish this puppy up - shall we while i'm still avoiding the fact that I am moving far far away.

Day 2 of Coachella - Started out with a much needed breakfast at Denny's - including requisite coffee.



First on the agenda was Sloan! They rocked out hardcore!!! very rock and roll - i may be misremembering but i think that one of the guys said that he was gonna hurl cuz it was pretty hot and they were really putting it all out there.

Next was unquestionably the unexpected highlight of the whole festival for me - Diplo leading into Matthew Dear.



I was *so* into his set that I basically danced straight the whole set. There weren't as many vocals as his albums but he had a really nice seemless progression in his set that made me rediscover what this whole techno dance thing should be.

After that amazing experience I pretty much just wandered around - seeing a bit of the very hyped M.I.A. performance which was ok but not mind blowing in my opinion. I ate some delicious roasted corn on the cob with butter and avoided as much as possible The Awful Furnaces (aka The Fiery Furnaces) I loathe them with a fiery passion hence the moniker.

Next was Tegan and Sara. They were super cute! and their set started early so the played a couple more songs then they were planning on. I was happy with the amount of material they played from their last album which overall i think has catchier songs than So Jealous although Speak Slow is super catchy and I like it a lot. Unfortunately I was cursed with the dreaded sunblock in the eye so I didn't enjoy the show as much as I should have. Fortunately this year I knew exactly what I needed to do. I stopped by the first aid tent and purchased for $1 a delicious grape chewable benedryl tablet. That stuff is amazing cause sunblock in the eyes HURTS a LOT.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?